Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Crazy Mom Time

What does a sane mother do when her daughter says as she is getting tucked in, "Mom, tomorrow is Pajama Day, do you think these (holds up a ratty pair of nasty) are OK?".

I'm just wondering cause I don't think I did the sane thing.

But first, a little back story.  D said this on a Monday night.  Saturday night we had returned from a WEEK of camping in Southern Utah (Moab to be exact).  Everything gets covered in red sand, even PJ's that never seem to leave the tent.  My traveling van looked like it had been packed by the Beverley Hillbillies.  We buckled the children in their seats and then packed things around them.  All of her cute PJ's were packed in the bowels of the van.  Even if they could be found, they were tinged with the red dirt of adventure.  Plus it was dark (and I am nervous in the dark--note that I did not say scared of the dark).

So, taking a page from Robyn's book of mothering, when your daughter has Pajama Day, you make her new Pajamas.


Yes, I stayed up late sewing the sweet girl PJ's.  I put them on her floor so she would be sure to see them.  And she went off to school in sweet, sweet new soft flannel PJ's.

Is that what sane mother's do?  I don't think so, but I never claimed to be sane.


3 comments:

Crafty Things said...

I am not a sane mother either. Audrey had purple day for preschool and she didn't have any purple in her closet. We were in Fillmore at the time, so I sewed her a purple dress to wear to school the next day.

Crafty Things said...

"Crafty Things" is a blog I apparently started a few years ago. I remember doing it, I just didn't know that I still had it.....Bonnie

DJ Rose said...

Hi Bonnie. :)