Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One of Those Days

Today was quite a day.  I went into town three times (poor planning on my part).

My day started groggy.  We went to a ball game last night and stayed for all 9 innings.  So this fine morning I kissed my hubby goodbye, and crawled to the computer.

While there my dear friend Robyn asked when I was going to visit her.  So we made plans for the morning.  After dropping off my baby to kindergarten I headed over to Robyn's with a sewing project in hand.  I showed her some stuff on Blogger (the blind leading the blind) and then she had to run.

Just as I was leaving her house, a fellow Inker called and needed company to visit a local yogurt shop.  Trip #1 into town.

I still needed Robyn's help with the sewing project, so after I went to pick up baby from Kinde. and send her off with a friend, I headed over to Robyn's house.  I am sadly short my rotary cutter, and Robyn has THE best mat and cutter.



I was making a dress for my baby for Yellow Day at kindergarten.  I used this tutorial but sleeveless with elastic thread smocking. (One of my favorite tricks.)

After cutting the shirt I headed to the local big box for some supplies (trip #2).  I only got one bag worth of things and headed back home.  On my way home I realized that as soon as the kids got home from school we needed to head out for allergy shots. Duh!  I could have saved this trip and combined it with the other.  Oh well.

Pick up the kids, drive 35 minutes to the Doc, get the shots with much screaming and crying, wait 30 minutes with much whining and complaining, and drive home.

Make a pit stop at the firehouse.
See hubby, he fills the kids up with sugar and we head home.

Then I spent the next three hours getting Lucy's dress done and a birthday gift done. 

Phew I am tired.

No comments: