Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BBQ Pork

I thought I would record some recipes here.  Well, not real recipes.  There are no measurements, just splashes, squirts, and spoonfuls.

Tonight I am trying a new version of pulled pork.

I took boneless country style ribs (at least I hope they were boneless--they were still frozen when I threw them in the crockpot).*

In a small bowl I mixed about a cup of BBQ sauce, 2 squirts of brown mustard, two drops of smoke flavor, 2 splashes of apple cider vinegar, and some mesquite seasoning.

Today I put about 3/4 cup of water in the bottom of the crock pot. I don't think I will do that next time.  Then I added my frozen ribs and poured the sauce over top.  Its in the slow cooker .  .  . I'll tell you tonight how it turns out.

*So funny story about boneless vs. bone-in ribs.  My parents loved to smoke ribs and it was always a treat when we got them.  My older sister invited a boy over for Sunday dinner and she insisted we have BONELESS ribs.  She also made a pecan pie.

When dinner started everything looked amazing.  Then we dug into the ribs and they had bones.  My younger sister and I didn't see what the big deal was--but we never minded being covered in BBQ sauce.  As my sister, who loves being proper (how did we grow up in the same house and turn out so different?) watched her date dig into bone-in rib she got a little on edge.  The pile of napkins seemed offensive to her, but we managed to get through the main course.

Then we cut into that pie--it hadn't set.  It was the type that you eat with a spoon cause its so watery.  At that point she ran away from the dinner table crying.

So, if you are trying to impress your daughter's date, make sure you have boneless. If you are trying to create memories that will last much longer than the guy, buy BONE-IN.

2 comments:

DJ Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Rose said...

It turned out great. It isn't a sweet BBQ (and I like that). We paired it with Brown Sugar Baked Beans and the combo was delightful.

This will go into our favorite recipe book. :)