Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to School Resolutions

I see the start of the school year as my resolution time.  I always try to get it right with the new school year.  I think that is part of the reason why I love Fall--its all about New Beginings.

This year I am hoping to create wonderful habits in my children.
  • Going to bed at a decent hour.
  • Laying out their clothes the night before (that way I'll know if they need socks or underwear with enough time to run a load of laundry).
  • Reading more
  • Chores, daily
  • Keeping their rooms clean
  • Wearing flowers in their hair (girls ONLY--my son is forbidden).
  • Showering daily.
  • Practicing piano daily.
  • Being organized.
  • Brushing their teeth in the morning (they are mostly good at night).
  • Praying together.
Its quite a list.  We've started on the chores.  They are going great.  They each have 3 daily chores.  I remind them to do them, but I never judge the work.  I may teach how to do it better, but I don't ask them to go back and try again.  It is amazing.  They are doing them.  One morning my son woke up before the girls and he did everyone's chores.  It is great.  So let's hope that I can get the other habits running as well . . .

I've got a great idea to help with the hair goal.  Hopefully I will be able to share soon.

2 comments:

amy smart said...

I am with you on your list!

I just wanted to respond to your question about making the bags, and didn't know where to send an email, so I'll reply here. :)

GO for it! I think that sounds awesome. I was thinking the same thing - those bags are perfect for scriptures!

And I wanted to tell you - my daughter was at Clear Creek the same week that yours was!

DJ Rose said...

Amy, that is so cool. How did you figure that out?